Date: 28 June 2019
Venue: Palace of Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
Register your interest to the event
Get all details on your email
The initiative of Europe Business Assembly as an organization with special consultative status in Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) under the United Nations.
Coming EBA’s initiative is aimed to engage regional business structures in the dialogue on questions regarding corporate responsibility, support the UN sustainable development goals and programmes, as well as other international arrangements.
Frequently, regional companies do not have enough information to realize the essence of ‘sustainability’ concept and significance of sustainable development for business, in other words, the full scope of advantages and opportunities which organization can receive from it.
Company’s executives lack the knowledge about driving forces, problems and tools for involvement in relevant matters. There is critical necessity to develop total terminology base, common language that will allow to discuss freely the issues of sustainability at the business sector level and determine how the organization has succeeded in solving the related problems.
Move in the direction of sustainable development makes the CSR role the main strategic function of the enterprise.
On the outcomes of past years’ work and the results achieved today, it may be concluded that more and more corporations are integrating CSR programmes in their current business model that allows them to implement the principles of social responsibility and at the same time receive economic benefits.
Such activities have a positive impact on the company’s image and reputation, give it certain competitive advantages, the ability to attract and retain the best specialists, build effective relationships with partners, media, government and society.
Europe Business Assembly invites owners and executives of leading regional companies to join the Public Hearing in order not only to discuss how to put corporate social responsibility policies into practice but also to demonstrate regional leaders’ achievements in this area.
Topics for discussion:
- • Government and business role in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Integration of the SDGs into government policies, programmes and corporate strategies.
• Information openness and corporate transparency as a necessary element of doing business in the modern world;
• Global trends in the development of CSR: key directions;
• CSR regional aspects;
• CSR as a main tool to increase the company’s attractiveness for investors and consumers;
• CSR as part of business strategy and corporate culture;
• Measuring companies’ ethical and social responsibility;
• CSR as part of PR, marketing and corporate communications;
• How to broadcast the company's CSR values in the information area;
• Examples of best regional practices in the field of CSR.
The official reception in honour of known Maecenas and Companies is also planned for the evening pastime.
Palace of Nations, one of the most active centres for multilateral diplomacy in the world, is waiting for EBA’s Public Hearing and wide-ranging discussion - Adopting the CSR policy which reflects public interests.