WEB:http://www.xn--primarie-filiai-m6c.ro/
Phone: +40720533166
Romania

Description

Mr. Ilie-Costeluş Gheorghe

Professional experience

1999- 2000: Engineer, Energomontaj Turceni   2000-2001: Engineer, T.M.D S.A 2001-2002: Head of Marketing, T.M.D.  S.A   2002-2009: CEO TDCSA  2009 -2010:  CEO, Dolj County Directorate for Sports and Youth  2010-2012:  CEO, TDCSA 2012-2016:  Deputy-Mayor, Filiaşi Town 2016- present  Mayor, Filiasi Town

Main achievements as the municipality head:

- Improvement and efficiency of the town hall services; - Creating of a special department for writing and managing projects with European funds; - Modernization and expansion of the gas, water and sewerage network, both in Filiaşi and in other 5 satellite communities belonging to it; - Modernization of the Hospital "Spitalul Filişanilor" by equipping it at international standards and building of a heliport; - Modernization and extension of secondary school, highschool and educational units; - Establishment of an Industrial Park in the southwest area of the town; - Improving the urban aspect by creating the leisure area near the lakes and a statuary group dedicated to the local and national heroes fallen during  the two world wars; - Improving  public lighting system; - sports facilities construction;

The age of Filiaşi is lost in the distant past of time.

Filiaşi is an anciant commercial community, which later became an industrial town and an important railway and road hub of Oltenia, Craiova – Târgu- Jiu -Deva, Craiova - Drobeta Turnu-Severin, Craiova-Caransebeş–Timişoara.

An important family of landowners, named Filişanu, left their mark on the history of the town for a period of 400 years.

Although the first documentary evidence appears only in 1570, the archaeological material discovered shows the fact that the area was inhabited since the Bronze Age. Over the centuries, families who ruled the destinies of the community were appreciated and benefited from good positions  at the  royal courts. There were those who as early as 1637 established churches and monasteries, in 1838 established the first school for local children, the first hospital and not least factories and manufactures.   

In 1888 the railway was built and the community became a railway hub, which allowed the development so that there were 3860 inhabitants  in 1900.

Between 1865-1868, Dumitru Filişanu, builts in the memory of his son a magnificent edifice that will remain under the name of "Filişanu Chapel". The concerns of Filişanu family did not materialize only spiritually, but also in the social field, proving their care for the poors, their inheritances being mostly given to these. The most important of this is the Hospital "Spitalul Filişanilor" founded in 1882 .

The year 1907 is the year in when the community is equipped with post office, telegraph and telephone.

The First World War made its mark on the community. The harsh fights that took place in that area and the people who gave their lives to defend the community were recorded in the document of that period.

The community has developed continuously, so that in 1935 the construction of a new school was required and the teacher Nicolae Mitea gives life to a place of reference in the history of the people: People’s Library, a Public Library, (currently "Anton Pann" Town Library).

The year 1940 is distinguished in the press of those times by the various activities organized for the public's benefit by the Culture House.

The development of the community continued so that in 1968 it meets the law requirements to become a ''town''.

The period of the communist regime is distinguished by the industrialization of the area, Filiaşi town  becoming the source of spare parts for the big industrial platforms from Craiova, Târgu-Jiu and even Romania.

The fall of the communist regime coincided with the loss of export contracts and shortly with the disappearance of the entire local industry of the town, which affected the industrial infrastructure and local labour.

Filiaşi is a town with deep resonances and implications in the past, because it represents a symbol of the passage over the centuries, from our Dacians ancestors to Daco-Romans and then to the Romanians of today.

Today, 30 years after the Revolution of 1989, the town begins to regain its identity, using existing infrastructure. Currently, we value the potential, opportunities and real availabilities for development, including the creation of a stimulating and competitive business environment, meant to attract significant private important investments from inside and outside our borders.

The town administers six villages: Almăjel, Bâlta, Braniște, Fratoștița, Răcarii de Sus and Uscăci.

The administrative territory of Filiaşi is located in the northern part of Dolj County, at the administrative limit of the county with Mehedinti and Gorj Counties and at the intersection of important road communication routes: D.N. 6 (E70) Bucharest - Craiova - Timisoara and D.N. 66 Craiova - Filiaşi - Târgu-Jiu - Petroşani, as well as railway communication routes: Bucharest - Craiova - Drobeta Turnu-Severin - Timisoara and Craiova - Filiaşi - Târgu-Jiu – Petroşani-Deva.

The development of the local infrastructure was a necessary condition for the optimal functioning of the town.

In the last three years, Filiasi has become an example of good management, constructive attitudes and local  mobilization, having its own coherence, founded not only on respecting the environment and infrastructure priorities  but  also on the coordination with the general directions of the county and government.

This appears as the way for the integration of the different circuits supporting the evolution, which is articulated in the creation of synergies able to develop the community as a complex system, in all its essential aspects.

The development of Filiași aims at durable development by capitalizing the local potential, so that the medium and long term development of the community  in the geo-strategic, institutional, administrative, economic, social and cultural context of Europe.

The vision for the development of Filiași has included over time  the materialization of policies that are benefitting  the local community and  the citizens of the town, European citizens. Under these conditions, Filiași began to develop as a European town, with quality standards for each key area - infrastructure, industry, agriculture, public and commercial services, human resources, social assistance, education, health, citizen safety and so on, but also to integrate and actively mobilize, the existing potential at regional level.

The investments with social character are considered a priority:

- enveloping buildings for nurseries, kindergartens and schools;   - enveloping and rehabilitating the social houses;

- establishment of a bus station for public transport;  - thermal rehabilitation - increasing the energy efficiency in public buildings;   - improving the educational infrastructure;  - reducing carbon emissions in Filiasi town by establishing the public transport services and rehabilitating the related structure;   - deviation of the bypass routes of Filiasi town;  - improving the streets infrastructure of the town and villages belonging to it;  - construction and rehabilitation of bridges ;  - construction of modern, ecological car parks, especially in the commercial and tourist areas;

Its valorification which goes in parallel with the initiation, support and materialization of investment measures was achieved by attracting public and private sources.

The development priorities were set in close correlation with those of the national development policy, orientated towards achieving the objective of economic and social cohesion by Romania as an EU member state.

Filiasi Town and the component villages have a series of networks and technical construction equipment characterized by an important degree of coverage of the territory: electricity, gas, drinking water, sewerage, telecommunications  infrastructure.

In relation to the other neighboring communities, Filiași town is located in a center of the commercial interest, as well as a road and railway node, which explains the development of the transport services.

The town benefits from two industrial parks (in the north of the town and in the southwest part of the town).

The industrial parks are provided with all the  necessary facilities and also benefit from access to the rail and European roads E70 and E79.

The most important industrial area of the town includes the former factory of mechanics and transformers, a factory under conservation, but which can at any time be used by a potential investor.

In the southwestern part of the town, the Industrial Park is waiting for investors from any field.