Date: 20 February 2020
Register your interest to the event
Get all details on your email
Europe Business Assembly, as an institution with ECOSOC Special Consultative Status encourages its members to support and promote UN Sustainable Development Goals in business practices, and involves its regional business, science, education and healthcare elite in the dialogue on the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals and other international agreements and programmes in the field of sustainable development.
The first step was the Public hearing: ‘CSR as a priority of Regional business transformation: Multiplicity of CSR advantages to work in long-term perspectives. Adopting the CSR policy which reflects public interests.’ on June 28. The event received the support of our members and partners and provoked subject discussion. With the aim of continuing the dialogue and raising awareness of the importance of the UN’s sustainable development goals, the EBA has announced a new round of discussion.
EBA wishes to motivate and enable both its members and partners to work in a way which supports and promotes the UN’s SDGs.
SDGs provide a common framework and set of goals for all countries, all industries, all companies and all individuals to achieve a truly sustainable world. The SDGs will have limited impact if they remain an abstract global aspiration. Their ultimate success will be defined by the degree and speed at which they can be domesticated, socialised and adopted where the consequences of those decisions are visible.
The discussion will be devoted to sharing experiences of how prominent regional companies are guided by SDG principles in their practice and operations, how they organise regional, social and environmentally aware actions, and recognize their own responsibilities in social, environmental and economic matters to ensure an optimal quality of life for both current and future generations.
We will focus the discussion on the following SDGs:
1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere. How business participate in solving unemployment problems and raising the standard of living of fellow citizens.
3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.Participation of the private business sector in realising regional healthcare programmes and support of hospitals, clinics and medical centres.
4. Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning. The role of education is undeniable in enabling economic prosperity for individuals and countries. We will discuss cooperation between educational establishments and companies, as well as education investment programmes.
9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation.New technology development and implementation, business participation in infrastructure improvement initiatives and the technological development of regions.
16. Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies.Ethical business practices are an integral part of an effective modern company. We will discuss responsible supply chains, human rights and freedom of expression. Fake news is one of the vital ethical concerns of modern society. EBA initiative - The Anti-Fake News Investigation Agency is established to resist this negative phenomenon faced by companies and individuals.
Also, the Public hearing will be focused on the phenomenon of business diplomacy as a form of international public communication.
We will discuss the role of successful international business projects in building trust between countries and peoples and their impact on economic and social progress, improving living standards and employment of the population