In 2017 Europe Business Assembly (Oxford, UK) was granted the special consultative status in Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) under the United Nations. The Economic and Social Council is at the heart of the United Nations system to advance the three dimensions of sustainable development – economic, social and environmental.
Implementing the social projects aimed at engaging regional business structures in the dialogue on corporate social responsibility issues, supporting UN goals and sustainable development programs, Europe Business Assembly (EBA) as the international community of business, economy and science leaders is initiating the public hearing on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in UN Headquarter – Palace of Nations in Geneva, Switzerland on 28 of June, 2019.
The members of Europe Business Assembly delegation will discuss the following topics:
- Government and business role in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Integration of the SDGs into government policies, programmes and corporate strategies.
- Information openness and corporate transparency as a necessary element of doing business in the modern world;
- Global trends in the development of CSR: key directions;
- CSR regional aspects;
- CSR as a main tool to increase the company’s attractiveness for investors and consumers;
- CSR as part of business strategy and corporate culture;
- Measuring companies’ ethical and social responsibility;
- CSR as part of PR, marketing and corporate communications;
- How to broadcast the company's CSR values in the information area;
- Examples of best regional practices in the field of CSR.