Ivan Savvov, EBA Director charing the meeting
On 20 February at the Palace of Nations UN, Geneva, Switzerland Europe Business Assembly in its capacity of an organization in special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council and under leadership of its Director Mr Ivan Savvov held annual hearings on ‘Practical implementation of UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)’.
The aim of this meeting is to put voices and most urgent concerns of representatives from fast growing developing countries within the context of SDGs on the highest international level and to seek practical solutions.
The hearings addressed the following SDGs:
1. End poverty in all its forms. The role of Corporate Social Responsibility in solving unemployment problems and raising the standard of living.
2. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages. Participation of private business sector in realizing regional healthcare programmes and support of hospitals, clinics and medical centers
3. Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning. The role of education is undeniable in enabling economic prosperity for individuals and countries.
4. Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation. New technologies development and implementation, business participation in building infrastructure and technology for growth.
5. Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies. Ethical business practices are the integral part of an effective modern company.
6. Standards and codes of practice of Ethical journalism.
General Group photo of EBA Delegation
International panel of speakers included: Mohamed Hamdani, President, Axencia Group, France, Dr Matthew C.S Man, CEO, Megasoft Limited, China, Peter Ofner, Director General, Gottsegen Gy. Hungarian Institute of Cardiology, Hungary, Dr. Mohammad Salem Omaid, President and CEO, Azizi Bank, Afghanistan, Khalil Abdulkarim Al Fraih, Director General, Al Jazirah Engineers and Consultants - AJEC, Saudi Arabia, Milos Nenezic, General Director, Trayal Corporation, Republic of Serbia, Puan Sri Shariffa Sabrina Syed Akil, Chief Executive Officer, Tanah Aina Sdn Bhd, Malaysia and others.
We are grateful to all speakers for participation and encourage submission of written recommendation statements via